The app allows recording up to 5 custom sounds (each sound can last a maximum
of 3 seconds).
This feature is available in any interface (both recording and playback) – an active connection with the robot is required. Stored custom recordings are available for use in all interfaces, regardless of which interface was used to record them.
1. In your current interface, open the sound blocks category (the musical note icon) – see the icon at the very bottom of the list.
2. Click on the last one on the list, then use the red button with the microphone icon.
3. Assign a recording number for your new sound and click “Record”.
4. A 3 seconds count-down timer appears (this is your preparation time).
5. After this time, a microphone icon shows up – recording has started.
6. After the allocated 3 seconds, recording stops automatically. A text field to write
down a name for this recording appears (giving it a name makes it east to identify it later on). Click “Save.”
7. Audio processing and saving start. Sometimes it takes a while; it’s normal. You will see a notification on the screen once saving is complete.
8. Done! Now the robot can speak with your voice (the sound is played from the robot, not the tablet)!
9. Custom recordings appear at the very bottom of the list of sounds (just above the “Record” button). To use them, select the musical note block with the corresponding number, then drag & drop it in the desired location in your program.